Sunday, May 1, 2011

Graduation + Heavy Heart

I graduated this past Friday night from Mississippi State University. It was such a GREAT moment in my life.



Yes, I only spent 4.5 seconds walking across that stage, but I walked with great pride.



Man, I'm so excited and so blessed!



Annnd, I already have a J-O-B! :)

Praise God!!

How fortunate am I that I get to do something that I love for the rest of my life.

These were my classmates minus a few. We had so much fun during school. It's going to feel so weird not going back in August to be with them!



What a wonderful 2 years at Mississippi State. It's a good feeling to say that I'm an official Bulldog Alumni! :)


On a different note... My heart is broken.

Specifically for the ones who lost their precious loved ones. Everything else in life can be replaced.



But nonetheless, for all the people who lost their homes, pictures, dishes, beds, cars, clothes, jewelry, computers, furniture, keepsakes, etc as EF5 tornadoes ripped through our beloved Mississippi, and our neighboring states.



My prayer is that God's glory and majesty will be magnified like never before. Lord, keep these precious people at the forefront of my heart and mind. When I start to complain about being tired or wanting something...Lord, remind me I have everything I need and more.



I've been making up my bed everyday, which I never do, because I just get to thinking about all those people who would love to make up their beds in the morning.



Count your blessings when you lay your head on your pillow tonight, and pray for those who've lost everything they've ever known.




*I'm watching the news as I type this. It's been confirmed that Osama bin Laden has been killed in an operation led by the United States. While I'm GLAD he's no longer a threat, and that justice has been served to all those men and women who have been fighting on foreign soil and to those who have lost their lives...my heart can't help but hope that he somehow found out and accepted the truth of Jesus Christ...* My Jesus died for everyone, including Osama.


Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Umm. DO share! A job! I'm so proud of you!

I love this post. This tornado so close to home just breaks my heart. So sad!

Alyssa said...

Mitch Albom (I think) wrote that God thinks of the 'enemy' as his children too. It kinda goes along with what Bro Jim said this morning, that Jesus didn't just die for us white southern baptists. Makes me wonder, if I found Osama, if I'd punch him in the face, or just say 'Jesus loves you too'.

Nicole said...

Congrats! I know that your students are going to be so blessed by you!

Libby said...

Job!? Where? I didn't know! Congrats! Thanks for this post and reminding me what's truly important! Congrats on graduating from the GREATEST school in the world!!:)