Tuesday, December 20, 2011

my sweet Beezie.

This is a little late.
But...nonetheless, special.
Why you ask? It's about a special lady.
My precious Beezie.
Dec 1st, she turned 98 years old.

I thought I'd give this a shot.

BEEZIE

B- Beauty. Rare, true beauty. She's the most beautiful woman I know. Inside and out. Not only is she beautiful, she's so caring and loving. Really, she's wonderful.

"You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God," (1 Peter 3:4)

E- Energetic. You may think I'm crazy, but she is. She may be 98, but this year she ran to the storm cellar and told me I was walking entirely too slow...:)

E- Easy going. She's never one to grumble or complain. And I've never heard her say a cross word about anybody. I think everyone would agree, she's just really easy to get along with.

Z- Zealous. She loves the Lord, and she's eager to serve Him. She cleaned her home church from the time she was 16 until she turned 90. The only reason she quit then was because she fell and broke her neck. (and recovered like a champ, might I add) I found synonyms for the word zealous...all these describe her perfectly.

passionate. earnest. devoted.

I- Independent. Maybe not independent by choice, but independent she is. She lost her sweet Mama when she was only 8 years old. Her Daddy raised 4 mighty fine girls, two of which are still living. Later on down the road, she lost her husband and father all within a short period of time. She never remarried, but she's said before she misses her husband, Papaw Truett, every single day.

E- Eager. The best example I can share is her eagerness to learn more about the word of God. She's losing her eyesight, which breaks my heart...but everyday she reads her Bible. She's got a magnifying machine that she uses to see to read. How precious and humbling it is to walk in and see her reading her Bible.

If you know me the least little bit, you know I adore this lady. She's my role model in every single way. I'm a better person because I know her. I told Paul just the other day that I am SO thankful I've had her for 23 and a half years. Some never get this precious chance, and I cherish every time I see or talk to her.


This Christmas season, she's one of the things I'm MOST thankful for.

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

No comments: