Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Because I think the world should know.

Whitney Nicole Rodgers.
She has been a true example of God's love and faithfulness in my life these past 2(1/2) years. She came into my life when I was least expecting it. Color guard, a pastime :), brought us together. July 2006 is when our paths first crossed, and the rest is a complete God story. From football games, pictures, costume/birthday parties, parades, movies, girls nights, roomies, 20 questions, diet coke, whoppers, swimming, Disney movies, painting, etc...our friendship has blossomed into one of my most sacred treasures. God allowed me the privilege of helping point her to His cross, and for that I will always be thankful. Whit was saved our Fall semester of 2006. And let me tell you she's grown into an AMAZING Godly woman. She desires to know more and grow daily in her walk with Christ. She challenges me with her questions and desire. Whit and I joke about how we missed out on all those years (elementary-high school)...but I thank God for us missing out on those years because we probably wouldn't be friends now. You see, Whitney and I are two very different people, and yet so alike all the same. We share a heart for special people, and I believe God used Whit to help open my heart to that. I don't deserve her friendship, not even the least little bit. However, I praise God for bringing her into my life. My mama has always told me to surround myself with people who encourage me, and Whitney does just that. On my worst days, Whitney points out all the positive...and I don't mean in that annoying peppy way either. I am blessed because of her. I pray that God allows everyone to find a friendship like this. Whit, we're growing old together. Wheelchairs, walkers, rocking chairs, kids, marriage, and all. :) I love you more each and every day. God, I thank you for Whitney.

Until next time.
Love God. Love People.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So I just came to check your blog to see if there was anything new and I did NOT expect this.

I am touched. And blesed. Ash, I am so thankful for you and what you offer me as a best friend; a listening ear, an open heart, and a Godly bond. You are precious and I dont deserve you.

Ditto on that growing old together...we are going to make everyone jealous with our friendship =).

Ash, I Love Love Love you. friends forever.

p.s. Did I mention that I cried as I read that...yea I did. Thats what makes our friendship to good. Its pure, raw, and true.

LOVES!!!