Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Is it really December, already?!
My calendar sure says so, but it's hard to believe.
My precious, adorable great-grandma, Beezie, turned 95 Dec. 1st.
She is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing, Godly women I have ever had the privilege of knowing. And might I add she's the meanest cook in the South. :) She cooks for our entire family every Sunday and Wednesday. And you haven't tasted a homemade pound cake until you've tasted hers. From her teenage years until she turned 91 she cleaned Ecru Baptist Church, all by herself. Wow, I know. I'm very much like Beezie in that we're both extreme "pack rats", and we can sing alto with the best of em'. Such a testimony she has lived in front of me 20 1/2 years. :) I thank God daily for this lady, and hope I get to spend many, many more years with her. I don't like to think of life without her; but I know that when Heaven gets her, it will be that much sweeter. Happy Birthday Beezie. I love you.


Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving day @ Beezie's house. We ate, laughed, climbed trees, laughed some more, and we thanked God for all He has done and will do.


The McGee's minus Heather's bunch.

Daddy also killed a 10-point, and our family packed shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child (blog on that later)

I'm beyond blessed. Thank you Father.
Until next time.
Love God. Love People.

No comments: