Monday, October 5, 2009

fall break.

Fall break. I love it so much.
Two days to rest up and catch up from the busyness of school and life in general.
In Sunday school yesterday we talked about Psalm 23, and last night Bro. Jimmy preached out of Psalm 46. Just a good Sunday really.

We got new Sunday school books yesterday morning; therefore, Debo (my SS teacher), and our class, as a whole, opted to use our new book and "go with the flow." (Our class is all about that :) It was just what I needed.

Psalm 23, I've read this scripture about a bazillion times...and still God used it to speak to me. :) (vs 2-3) "He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul..." Basically, our SS lesson in a nutshell said this..No matter what your current circumstances are, God is there to guide you, give you peace of mind, and protect your steps.

And then Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God." Be still could be translated as "give up" or "let yourself become weak." This was just such a wonderful reminder that my God is in control, even when I fail to realize He's a work.

That's what God's been doing in my heart here lately. Calming me. Reminding me how blessed I am. I tend to get caught up in the rush of life...and He just says, ever so gently, Be still, and find peace in me my child.

Who am I to deserve such love?! :)

Or blessings such as these:

"Call it a clan, call it a network,
call it a tribe, call it a family:
Whatever you call it,
whoever you are,
you need one."
- Jane Howard



my precious parents :)

we'll be best friends forever, no doubt.


Can you believe he's EIGHT months old already???

My little mini-me! :)

KK turned 9!! My babies are growing up!

2 of my favorite people. Beezie and Payton :)

Life doesn't get much better than this. I'm unbelievably blessed. And extra thankful.

Count your blessings today. And be still.

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, just wait a cotton-pickin second! Our Sunday School lesson was on Psalm 23 as well! And the pastor talked about Psalm 46:10 as well that morning........ how crazy is this!? Do y'all use the Collegiate magazine for your S.S. lesson? I MISS YOU!

Whitney said...

Thanks for writing this. I needed to be reminded of these scriptures!

I love you and I love how God uses you in my life.

Forever bests...

knee

Paul said...

:X