Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reflection.

I'm still having a hard time believing it's 2010.
2009 was so good to me, or should I say God was good to me, as always.
This year, for me, was a year of new experiences, new relationships, new family members, new school, new friends. A lot of new...and as I sit here typing, I'm thinking back in awe of all my Creator has blessed me with.

Shall I recap?

January 2009 brought tears of joy into the McGee family. Our little Michael Payton, who we waited so patiently for, came into this world January 26th, 2009 @ 5:01 at a healthy 5lbs 1oz. That same day we also celebrated Daddy & Britt's birthday. How special that we have a triple family birthday.


February 2009 is Mama's month. We always enjoy celebrating her birthday. She is so precious and dear to my heart. I am so thankful that God not only allowed me the privilege of being her daughter but also best friend. We are so much alike it's plum scary at times. :)


March 2009 was a busy month for me. I got to go on the ICC BSU Mission trip to San Francisco. We went to the Golden Gate Seminary, and we had an absolute blast. We worked really hard and accomplished a lot for His glory. Later in March God allowed me to work with Whit and Nate in leading a DNOW @ Okolona FBC. God did some big things in some hearts that weekend, and I'm thankful I got to see Him at work.


April 2009 brought about an opportunity for me to speak at the Leadership Training Conference for college students. Without a doubt largest crowd I've ever stood before. I'm still humbled at the fact that God would choose to use me.
*April 8th 2009 is a preeeety special date for sure. Paul took me on our first date, and he's stuck around ever since :) He's so wonderful and a complete blessing from God.


May 2009 was a bittersweet month entirely. ICC BSU had been my life for the past 3 years, and in May I had to say goodbye to such a huge part of my heart. I am still in awe of all the friends I met through the BSU, friends who will last a lifetime.
May 27th I boarded a plane with 2 girls I barely knew at all. Andrea & Gretchen. We flew to Reno, NV and waited for Debbie our supervisor to pick us up.


June & July 2009 were spent in Tahoe City, California. One of God's masterpieces. Breathtaking is an understatement. God allowed me to love on over 100 kids every single day and meet some amazing families. I was introduced to some of the most amazing girls in the world. (Amazing how God took 13 of us, from all walks of life, and said Here, this is where I want you to serve together.) I seriously worked harder than I've ever worked in my life. I taught the summer musical and the actual musical night brought an overwhelming sense of accomplish in my life. Still humbled by the fact that God chose to use someone as low as me.



Annnnndd....Whit got engaged!!!


August 2009 I boarded a plane with Andrea and Gretch (2 of the most amazing friends) for good ol' MS! Never has it felt so good to be home with the people I love, and at the same time miss the girls and kids that I spent my summer with.
School time came around and I started my 1st semester as a BULLDOG! :)



September & October 2009 was busy with school, football games, lots of family time.




November 2009 reminded me of how blessed I am. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.



December 2009 is probably my favorite month of the year. Simply because of all the joy. My sweet Beezie turned 96 yrs old, and we celebrated her life. I am so thankful for that precious lady. We celebrated Paul's birthday with a surprise party, and it was so much fun. And of course Christmas was filled with Jesus, food, family, laughter, presents, and lots of hugs. It was a great month. However, December also brought pain for someone dear to my heart. Whit lost her papaw unexpectedly. And it broke my heart. Praise the Lord for the peace He's given Whit. I'm still praying it over her life.






Thank you Father for being so unbelieveably faithful to me. I am underserving in every way possible.

Here's to another year of lots of laughter and love. Bring it on 2010. :)

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

1 comment:

His Doorkeeper said...

I don't know if you will read this or not because your post is older, but I just had to come over and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!
After looking over your blog, I see what a blessed young lady you are with your family pictures and all the friends! And the fact that you have a sweet great-grandmother still in your life just delighted me!

She is a jewel! Thanks, again, Ashley, for taking the time to drop me a comment! You are so sweet, I can just tell!!

Blessings!
Kelly's Korner's Mom
Judy