Sunday, March 27, 2011

Full.

Seems here lately I'm the bearer of bad news.
My precious Mamaw (mom's mom) fell Saturday morning & broke her hip. She had surgery on it this morning. She did fine, & I praise God for that!!

Needless to say, it's been quite a long, "been a lot better than now" weekend for my family.

Mama is still hanging in there too. Poor thing, she can't contribute much physically because of her knee and I know it's killing her because she does so, so much for Mamaw!!

Mamaw will be in the hospital/swing bed for quite some time. Just a looong road to recovery for both of them.
For those of you who know me, you know I am a fixer...& I feel so helpless because I can't fix this.
Just thankful God can!

I have always heard the good Lord won't give you anymore than you can handle.


So, Lord here I am telling you my wagon is full.

But, regardless, I'm going to praise you.

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

3 comments:

caitlyn said...

Praying for you and your sweet family! MISS YOU!

Alyssa said...

One of my favorite quotes if from Mother Teresa, "I know God will not give me more than I can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." Yep, most of the time I'm going 'Lord, now, you're thinking too big of me..." but He knows what He's doing!

Nicole said...

This may sound strange, but I've been reading your blog off and on for a while. I found you through Whitney's blog a while ago and I always love checking to see if you've posted in a while. I can tell that you have a really sweet spirit and I have found myself relating to different parts of your last two posts. I, too, am a fixer. I'll do everything in my power to make things better and when I can't, it's hard for me to quit worrying and hand it all over to Christ. This moment of my "wagon being full" also relates to your "crayon" post. I'm learning now more than ever that friends really do have seasons and moments. It's hard to deal with the changing of the seasons, sometimes. Whew. This post was far too long, but I couldn't find your email. :) Love your attitude! Feel free to send me an email if you want!

Nicole
livelearnlovetogether@yahoo.com