Monday, March 30, 2009

I am loved.


I sit here to tell you that I am amazed by my Savior, Jesus Christ. I had the honor and privaledge of working a DNOW this weekend at Okolona Baptist. Whitney asked me to help out a few months ago, and I have been excited ever since. I love anytime Whit and I get to spend together, but especially doing God's work. Nothing like it. This weekend, I got to lead the older girls. Let me just say my heart is STILL overwhelmed by all that took place this weekend. Yes, it was your typical DNOW weekend. Food, games, fun, music, missions, etc. But my oh my, God showed up and showed out this weekend. I wish I could describe how my heart feels about this weekend. I'm speechless, really. Saturday night worship was indescriable. Youth of all ages praising God because of His ultimate sacrifice. I get chills just thinking about it.

After worship, the older girls, Whit, and I went into our room for our time together. We shared things we were thankful for, and for a while just sat in complete silence basking in the love and wonder of Christ. We all became broken before a Holy God. I believe that when you come broken before God, he mends the pieces back together. He did just that Saturday night. Walls of bitterness, confusion, anger, hurt, shame were destroyed, and I praise God for that. We decided Saturday night that we were linking arms and going to stand on the edge together. We're going to fight the fight and run the race together. Praise God for teenage girls stepping up to be leaders in not only their youth group but in their church. I am thankful. I'm also thankful for the guys. God did a work in their lives too. Sunday morning a lot of the youth stood to share, and I've never been more proud. God opened my heart and eyes this weekend, and I will never be the same.
Here are few pictures from the weekend.




unbelievably blessed.



Our girls. :)

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I have been getting updates from girls that you helped minister to all day. I long for you to live here so we could be sharing the messages and get on our knees right now and go to God in prayer together. I am so blessed to have you and all that happened this weekend could not have been possible if it werent for you.

I love you so much it hurts.