Monday, April 6, 2009

April, already??

I seriously can not believe April is HERE. Wow, only 4 more weeks of school. 10 days of class (for me) to be exact!!! 52 days from now I'll be in Lake Tahoe, California for TWO WHOLE months. Wow...Let me let that sink in please.

This past week has been ever so busy. Tuesday, my little cousin Payton went to get his TWO MONTH shots. He was such a big boy. He got 4 shots and cried for maybe 15 seconds. Trooper, I tell ya. He's growing like a little weed, and I can't get over it.


Also, Tuesday night our college Sunday school class and the senior adult Sunday school class went out for what we like to call "Mystery Tuesday." Every 5th Tuesday of the month we get together and go out. We had a ball. We went to eat in Oxford, and we had a surprise guest speaker, Philip Jackson. He is an art professor at Ole Miss, and let me just say he did an awesome job. He has a precious family. Two sweet little girls, one of whom has down syndrome. Completely touched my heart. Just another moment from God confirming His calling in my life. Afterwards, we went back to the church for bingo and dessert. We laughed till our sides hurt. When I prayed to dismiss everyone I said..."God thanks for the ollldd peo...I mean senior citizens." Everyone burst into laughter, thank goodness. They haven't let me live it down yet. So thankful for those Godly role models in my life.


The annual Leadership Training Conference was this past weekend in Clinton, MS. All the summer missionaries went down on Thursday to Camp Garaywa and everyone else came down Friday afternoon. Saturday was the commissioning service for all the missionaries. Mississippi is sending out 215 missionaries. WOW! That's the most we've ever sent out, and MS is sending more than any other state. Whoo! :) Go God! I, of all people, got chosen to speak at the commissioning service. It was such an honor, seriously. I was so nervous, but I knew that my sweet mama, daddy, and others were praying me through. I felt them. I'm so thankful that God has seen fit to use me. Unworthy, unclean, and He wants to use me. He doesn't need me, He chooses me. I'm so humbled by that fact. Such a great weekend.


ICC is sending out 16 summer missionaries. Please pray. 7 North American. 9 Overseas.


Jim Futral and I became fast friends Saturday.:) Such a Godly, sweet man...so glad I got to meet him.


And to finish out the weekend, I got to keep my sweet Payton while Mimi had softball practice. Check out his tiny shoes....:) He's starting to grin from ear to ear, and I'm looooving every second of it.


Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Alright McGee! There will be no more snotty comments about my blog or you will recieve a bashing!

P.S. My Juicy Fruit still has it's flavor! Ha Ha!