Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finally here.

Weeeellll folks. I made it to Tahoe City, CA about 5:00 yesterday afternoon. (7:00pm home time) We were totally exhausted from flying, the time changes, waiting around for everyone, unpacking, etc. But it was good to finally get here. "Home" for 2 months.

I still can't get over the fact that I'm seriously here! Ahh! I'm having a lot of fun though, already. There are 13 total summer missionaries. And I must say I love everyone of them. This is the biggest group of summer missionaries in a long time, if ever...and we are pumped about what God is going to do this summer. We're still getting into the swing of things. So, our schedules are a little off right now. The kids in California are still in school, therefore our Big A program doesn't start until June 17th. However, we still have preschool kids all day along with the after school kids. We've been a little overwhelmed by it all, but Debbie, our supervisor, said this is completely normal :)

I'm so glad God called me here. Serving Him anywhere is an honor, but here in this beautiful place...I'm still in awe.

Here are pictures :)

At the airport about to leave for CALI.

Check out the view from our first hike. Amaaaazing!!

Mississippi Girls :) They can't get over our southern accents, haha!

He really does love us. Thanks for this amazing view God!

The church. Our "home".

Thank you for your prayers! :)
Love y'all so much.

Until next time.
Love God. Love people.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

its beautiful there. i am so proud of you. give it all you got best!!!!

Ashley Grant said...

yah! i love the pics! glad you made it safe. be praying for ya this summer!

Lauren said...

So excited that I got to talk to you tonight! Pray for me and my family tomorrow! LOVE YOU MUCH! :)